Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.

Thread: Team Interro Done Quick - Summer 2017

SquareMEal's Avatar Senior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal

Team Interro Done Quick - Summer 2017

SGDQ just completed another fantastic summer event so now it's our turn, again. It's time for the Team Interro Done Quick - Summer Challenge to start!

How will this work?
    From today, July 10th, to Tuesday, August 1st, anyone interested in participating should attempt to speed run a game of their choice. Pick whatever game you want, but keep in mind it should have some sort of clear end goal. You also set your own restrictions on the run. If you want to go 100% or without glitches/skips, that is perfectly fine. Once you've decided on the game and any restrictions, post what you'll run in this thread. If possible, it's highly encouraged that you stream your speed run attempt. If you can't or would rather not stream, simply record your best run and share it with the rest of the community.
    Don't worry about trying to set any world records, this is simply for fun. For people that have never tried speed running before, this is a great opportunity to try a fun new challenge while replaying a favorite game. General tips for beginner speed runners are explained over at the Speed Demos Archive. In addition to the satisfaction of beating a game super fast, anyone that streams or records their speed run and shares it here will get the special TIDQ forum medal!

As usual, feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.

I'll be trying to run the PS3 HD port of Jak and Daxter, any %.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. 1 person says "thank you!" to SquareMEal for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Pengin002 (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017)

https://youtu.be/faI6SJVE100

Here's 2 hours of raw recording (I was also streaming) of me trying to speedrun all cups no skips mario kart 64. I got mushroom cup and that's about it. I achieved 11m28s in the mushroom cup, WR is 7m18s, but emulated runs are not allowed on speedrun.com

also enjoy the skype commentary, lol.

4. 3 people say "thank you!" to Dr.Butterscotch for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Pengin002 (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017),SquareMEal (July 21st, 2017, July 21st, 2017),Universal Wasabi (July 21st, 2017, July 21st, 2017)

I actually finished the run! 1:00:33, an awful time but who cares! I lost my connection a few times during the stream, also losing all USB device connectivity for a few seconds (including my gamepad) but left the timer running to fix those issues, I will most likely attempt a run without streaming tomorrow or sunday to get a better time.

Video should be live within an hour

https://youtu.be/pvQtY2TUd68

6. 2 people say "thank you!" to Dr.Butterscotch for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Pengin002 (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017),SquareMEal (July 22nd, 2017, July 22nd, 2017)

I beat my time by 3 mins last night
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. 2 people say "thank you!" to Dr.Butterscotch for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Pengin002 (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017),SquareMEal (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017)

SquareMEal's Avatar Senior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal
    Had some issues with my PS3 controllers so had to change which game I ran. Went with an any% run in Psychonauts. Managed to get to 54:04, which isn't world record level, but I can be happy with it.

Edit: Got my run accepted on Speedrun.com. Placed at #25!

2nd Edit:
    Thanks for those that participated and watched along. May do this again following AGDQ in January!
    Last edited by SquareMEal; August 7th, 2017, August 7th, 2017 at 01:37 AM.

10. 3 people say "thank you!" to SquareMEal for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Dr.Butterscotch (July 29th, 2017, July 29th, 2017),Pengin002 (July 25th, 2017, July 25th, 2017),Renegade42 (July 24th, 2017, July 24th, 2017)