Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Interro Done Quick

SquareMEal's Avatar Senior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal

Team Interro Done Quick

With AGDQ now over and speed running fresh in our minds, I figure it would be fun for us to take a stab at speed running games. Therefore, the Team Interro Done Quick challenge is now starting!

How will this work?
    From Jan. 15th to Jan. 30th, anyone interested in participating should attempt to speed run a game of their choice. Pick whatever game you want, but keep in mind it should have some sort of clear end goal. You also set your own restrictions on the run. If you want to go 100% or without glitches/skips, that is perfectly fine. Once you've decided on the game and any restrictions, post what you'll run in this thread. If possible, it's highly encouraged that you stream your speed run attempt. If you can't or would rather not stream, simply record your best run and share it with the rest of the community.
    Don't worry about trying to set any world records, this is simply for fun. For people that have never tried speed running before, this is a great opportunity to try a fun new challenge while replaying a favorite game. General tips about speed running are explained over at the Speed Demos Archive. In addition to the satisfaction of beating a game super fast, anyone that streams or records their speed run and shares it here will get a special TIDQ forum medal!

So there you have it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. 2 people say "thank you!" to SquareMEal for this awesome post (hover to view who)

TheGameFreak (January 15th, 2017, January 15th, 2017),Universal Wasabi (January 15th, 2017, January 15th, 2017)

Whoohoo! !!!!

I've never speed-ran a game before, but I would love to participate!

I'll be running Gunpoint, SUPERHOT, and Sesame Street Fighter, all in Any%. Unfortunately, I do not have the bandwidth to stream my runs, but I will record and post to YouTube, then put them on the thread. I may do more games if I have time this month. Great idea, Square!!

4. 1 person says "thank you!" to Universal Wasabi for this awesome post (hover to view who)

SquareMEal (January 16th, 2017, January 16th, 2017)

I'll be running at least super mario bros. with warps, and ill most likely try at least 1 pokemon game. I'll stream over at twitch.tv/drbutterscotch49, and put the recordings on youtube sometime after my finals are over this week.

6. 1 person says "thank you!" to Dr.Butterscotch for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Uber's Avatar Junior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N2OTemptation
    When I get some spare time, I'll do a Dark Souls 3 speedrun.
    gun gun

8. 1 person says "thank you!" to Uber for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Did a shitty 44:57 SUPERHOT run. Will upload later, also gonna submit it to www.speedrun.com and see if I can get in any of the Any% rankings.

Spoiler!
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. 2 people say "thank you!" to Universal Wasabi for this awesome post (hover to view who)

SquareMEal (January 18th, 2017, January 18th, 2017),Войска специальн (January 25th, 2017, January 25th, 2017)

I'll be happy to give out the Ti stream key to people who'd like to stream this. I'd like to encourage it

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal
    One week left to get your runs in! Good luck.

Uber's Avatar Junior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N2OTemptation
    It's going to be far more than a week for when I can get any speedrunning done.
    gun gun

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Uber View Post
    It's going to be far more than a week for when I can get any speedrunning done.
    That's a shame, but please feel free to share any speed running you do even after this event ends.

I've neglected to mention that I'll be running Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero.
    Last edited by SquareMEal; January 24th, 2017, January 24th, 2017 at 06:52 PM.