Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InterrOlympics 2016: Late Summer Games - Fri-Sat, Sept. 2-3 @6:00 PM Central

SquareMEal's Avatar Senior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal

InterrOlympics 2016: Late Summer Games - Fri-Sat, Sept. 2-3 @6:00 PM Central

It is time once again for our yearly InterrOlympics. This year, in honor of the recent Olympic games in Rio, we will host our own style of summer games. This will include water sports, flying acrobatics, an equestrian race, and the good old parkour challenge. As we are all busy fellows, especially with school starting back up, all the events will be put into two days, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 2-3. We will start at 6:00 pm central time each evening (that's 7:00 for you East coasters and 4:00 for the folks out West). Here is the full schedule:

Friday:
    Opening Ceremony
    Equestrian (1)
    Players will select a special horse to race through a track, jumping over hurdles and trying to get the fastest time.
    Water Sports (1)
    Players will start out racing their boats through a river before descending into an underwater maze and pool in an attempt to get the fastest time.

Saturday:
    Triathalon (1-3)
    Players will be running through a somewhat challenging parkour course to try and reach the finish line first. If a nation has multiple members present, they can sit at checkpoints to relieve tired teammates.
    Flying Acrobatics (1)
    Using the new elytra, players must fly through rings to earn points. Riskier rings will net more points, but falling will deduct a large chunk of points.
    Closing Ceremony

For those unfamiliar with how this works, or those who just want to make sure nothing has changed, here's how this breaks down.
    • Anyone wanting to participate should +1 in this thread.
    • You can form "nations" of up to three players.
    • You need to post your nations name and official color in this thread before the event. (please limit to colors available on banners in Minecraft; first come, first serve)
    • Only one participant from each nation needs to be there to represent their nation, but players who don't show up on either day will not be credited as participating and will not get any prize should their nation win.
    • Nations will be awarded 1st/2nd/3rd place in each event and overall based on their performance during each challenge, with overall winners getting special medals on the forums to wear proudly.
    • Late registration will be accepted, but those who register late will either be forced into a nation without three members or will be running solo with a name and color I chose.

If there are any further questions, feel free to ask. I hope we will have a lot of fun like in past years. Oh, and here's a teaser for those really curious about the map.

4 votes in favor: Magnet, TheGameFreak, Dr.Butterscotch, brandwarbs

1 vote against: Livid

2 'zero' votes: Acheron, Candy Bar Bag Carrying Bag

Total: +3

0 misvotes.

388.5 days since voting began.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. 3 people say "thank you!" to SquareMEal for this awesome post (hover to view who)

brandwarbs (August 30th, 2016, August 30th, 2016),Kuckles22 (August 30th, 2016, August 30th, 2016),TheGameFreak (August 30th, 2016, August 30th, 2016)

Vote not counted: vote was changed in a later post

of course, but I have work at 7 friday :/

+1 vote counted
    Add me on Steam!

Yahaha! You found me! Buh-bye!
    If you're reading this, I love you.

gamescotchlandia will reign supreme now under the name gamescotchBRANDIA

the boys are back

me, barndo and gamefreak will be flying the purple, black and orange flag on that fateful day

+1 vote counted

+1 vote counted
    My anime Library.
    My favorite genres in Games and Fiction are Action RPGs and Dark Fantasy respectively.

The Black Salamander is my spirit animal.

SquareMEal's Avatar Senior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquareM3al PSN ID: SquareMEal Nintendo Network ID: SquareMEal 3DS Code: 1435-4390-1882 Origin Code: SquareMEal BattleNet Code: SquareMEal#1959 Twitch Code: SquareM3al Minecraft Code: SquareMEal Uplay Code: SquareMEal
    Invite your friends! The first day starts in less than 24 hours.

i might be able to make it, don't know for sure yet

Zero-vote counted
    wat?

Will come if I'm able to, not sure.

Zero-vote counted
    *DEAD* [!?] Universal Wasabi: LET US ALL BLOW
    *DEAD* [!?] Universal Wasabi: BOWL*

Wont be able to make it.

-1 vote counted

4 votes in favor: Magnet, TheGameFreak, Dr.Butterscotch, brandwarbs

1 vote against: Livid

2 'zero' votes: Acheron, Candy Bar Bag Carrying Bag