Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.

Thread: The Dark Tower Series

The Dark Tower Series

So I meant to make this thread a few years ago and apparently never got around to it. With all the movie talk going around recently, I figured why not make it now.

Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" is a series of science fiction/horror/fantasy novels/comics/and soon to be movies/miniseries...es all focusing around a man named Roland Deschain and the titular Dark Tower that sits at the center of all creation.

Feel free to skip this bit, it's my personal history with the series and is only here because I had to write it down or it would have kept eating away at me inside...
    Spoiler!

The movie currently being filmed after a massive mount of delays and changes of directors, companies, and cast. The current lineup appears to be set pretty much in stone and a few location photos have leaked out from the sets. I can't wait to see what happens with it; good, bad, or otherwise.

So, now that I'm done rambling, anyone else read them? Any interest in the movie? Any bets on whether it's actually going to get made this time or if it'll just fall apart as time goes on?
    Last edited by Jaqen_Hghar; May 1st, 2016, May 1st, 2016 at 03:09 AM.
    "Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition's blurred. If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all."
    Valar morghulis. Valar dohaeris... My Youtube Channel and whatnot.

I read the first book in the series. The rest are on my eventual book to read.
    I'm excited about the movie although I feel like it'll be ... odd. Not sure about the choice of actor for the man in black though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiekatj9 View Post
    I read the first book in the series. The rest are on my eventual book to read.
    I'm excited about the movie although I feel like it'll be ... odd. Not sure about the choice of actor for the man in black though.
    They're definitely worth the time it's going to take to get through.
    Mcconaughy seemed like a kind of odd choice at first, but the more I think about it I really think he'll do a good job. Walter plays an interesting role throughout the rest of the series and, while I'm not sure he'll be perfect for every aspect of it, there are some scenes in particular that I can already totally picture him playing the part.

With any luck, it'll all turn out good! ...but yeah, it'll probably be a bit weird no matter what...
    "Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition's blurred. If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all."

Well fuck me apparently. I had been right in that area on the 29th!

Also, amazing work having the notice put out by the TET Corporation and setting 19 Beekmn St. as the address. Good stuff.

Just started reading it the other week, on Drawing of the Three now. Enjoying it a great deal.
    I guess I can accept a little Jerry, if it gets me a lot of Elaine.

Excellent, glad to hear it! That was probably my second favorite book in the entire series.

New information came out about the movies and, unfortunately, a lot of places reporting on it just flat out spoil the ending of the books. So be aware of that if you end up looking up anything on the movie now.