Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [PERMABAN + IP] STEAM_0:1:19976552 - Yippee (aka SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT)

[PERMABAN + IP] STEAM_0:1:19976552 - Yippee (aka SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT)

Name: Yippee

HLStatsX:
    http://stats.teaminterrobang.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=35318

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19976552

Complaint: Yippee has violated our rules of funmanship despite several attempts to rectify the behavior.

The specific behavior in question involves chronic team-stacking, using every resource to his advantage to make himself invincible, and trash-talking other players on a consistent and over-the-top basis.

The team-stacking with his friends and use of game-provided resources alone do not warrant any action against an average player but I believe that Yippee consistently uses his friends and game items to make himself so over-powered on a CONSISTENT basis that it warrants action.

This is not the first time that action has been taken upon yippee. You can find previous threads here:

For a very long time Yippee has been a detriment to our community. The actions I have stated above that he has repeated time and time again do, very consistently, cause pubbers and admins to leave the server or even avoid joining altogether. I've noticed that when Yippee and his friends join and team-stack the server usually cuts by at least half and rarely regains momentum. This is hurting our community and pushing people away from playing tf2 altogether.

As far as the things that Yippee is doing specifically that I want to call to attention are illustrated here:

Spoiler!

Everything I have listed above doesn't even cover everything but it captures the tactics I believe he uses most often. All of these things combined into one virtually make him unstoppable. Yippee is a great sniper and with this protection behind him he becomes an unstoppable killing machine that goes as far as killing the server. This is not okay for our pubbers and our admins to have to deal with.

Yippee has been very good about watching what he does or says as far as trash-talking and morale-breaking when admins are present or he believes he is being watched. Here is a snippet of his chat log from the last couple of days (not including any playing that might have occurred tonight)

Spoiler!

The chat listed above shows mostly key binds intending to provoke others and an example of yippee explaining to one particular person that he doesn't care about him or his opinion, which could be deemed as harassment.

As demonstrated by the compilation of evidence above, it is apparent that Yippee's behavior in our servers has not changed despite our previous efforts including a week long silence and a 1 month ban.

I am proposing that we place an indefinite ban on Yippee with a chance to appeal it in 1 year.

Last edited by BostonJake; February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016 at 02:04 AM.

2. 3 people say "thank you!" to BostonJake for this awesome post (hover to view who)

andrewthetechie (February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016),Xemgoa (February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016),ZomgNoWai (February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016)

I think this fairly falls under our griefing and harassment rules. I've tried many times to ask him nicely not to team-stack and pub-stomp on our servers, but it falls on deaf ears. EDIT: I want to make it clear, it's not "skilled playing" we want to punish, here. It's the callous disregard to the fun everyone else on the server is (not) having. Even when half the opposite team leaves the server, he just gloats about how good he is, rather than even consider doing anything to balance the teams to allow fair fighting. The number of people (many TI admins) who have told me, "I just will never play on the server when he and his crew are there" is TOO DAMN HIGH.

I'm fully in favor of an indefinite ban on Yippee.
    Last edited by Pants; February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016 at 02:12 AM.
    A dozen, a gross, and a score
    and three times the square root of four
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven
    equals nine squared — and not a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    I'm fully in favor of an indefinite ban on Yippee.
    Same.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

Here lies Yippee, banned for being too good.

RIP

Edit: Relevant Signature

I'll bite.

None of this has anything to do with skill. Dominating the server environment by way of inordinate team stacking and shit talking is a form of griefing and you've been asked not to do it in the past.

What will happen here is that the SAs will go to a majority vote over whether or not to ban you. But it should be pretty well known that we don't actually care a whole lot about skill, and if such as what you're claiming were the case, we'd have gotten rid of Chayoss a long ass time ago.
    Look, look with your special eyes! My Mirror?!
    http://www.rfcmedia.com/thirdrockradio/

I love all of you, how are you doing?
    YOU WELCOME. - VB
    I just want to find these violent people and cut out their eyes and light them all on fire while blaring Celine Deon directly into their ears. - Some guy on Yahoo.

"I believe that Yippee consistently uses his friends and game items to make himself so over-powered on a CONSISTENT basis that it warrants action."

"
    All of these things combined into one virtually make him unstoppable. Yippee is a great sniper and with this protection behind him he becomes an unstoppable killing machine "

"It's not about skill."

[Chayoss Snippet]

Let's be real here. Chayoss is not nearly as good as I am. He's good, not trying to knock on him, but I consistently beat him with or without a pocket and can easily crush servers without anyone else to back me up. Feel free to look at my server stats, they're probably the best you're gonna find.
    http://puu.sh/mS7Ku/e711f957c8.jpg http://puu.sh/mS7Nv/13c14ba364.jpg just a couple of examples of me flying solo.

If by "inordinate team stacking" you mean "Having blunt pocket me" then...okay, but having a vac pocket isn't unbeatable, it just requires more thought than diving me or quick scoping me.

If you want to ban me for being too good and team stacking with one other person pocketing me then go for it. It's your server, but don't dress it up as something to do with 'funmanship' or 'team stacking', just be honest. Me and Blunt on the same team are too good for you to deal with, so you're going to ban me for it.

Uber's Avatar Junior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N2OTemptation
    Yippee, you're a hack. Your ban is up for debate because you've done nothing but talk shit and be more cancerous than anyone I've met. Your "skill" is backed up by cheap tactic and use of "teamwork" in an uncompetitive environment. If you're arguing skill, you're wasting your time because the only thing you have to back it up are stats from a public server where the average skill level is lower than yours. Team stacking and flaunting your ego makes you a manchild. You've done nothing but troll the community for a long time, and you've ignored every attempt by us to help you be more welcome.

You said it yourself, you don't care what other people think about you. So quit wasting your time, and grow up.
    gun gun

9. 1 person says "thank you!" to Uber for this awesome post (hover to view who)

CaptPlaceholder (February 1st, 2016, February 1st, 2016)

"cheap tactic and use of "teamwork"

See, this is really the problem. You, and most of the people who are complaining about what I do seem to think that there are tactics that are "Off Limits" because they're too effective, so you try to discredit them by calling them cheap. I'm sorry that you feel that way, but it doesn't change the facts. I'm not cheating or exploiting any mechanics that aren't present in the game. The sum total of my deep and complex teamwork is having one person pocket me, and apparently that is far too powerful of a combination, such that an entire team working together can't beat me.

Which is fairly strange to me, because there are plenty of you who have been playing this game for as long as I have. Some even longer. It's not as if this strategy has no counters, or is even that difficult to beat.

I'm going to choose to ignore the various personal attacks that you're making Uber. I'm sure you can do better than that.

Uber's Avatar Junior Admin
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N2OTemptation
    Yet more often than not you have a demo, sentry or heavy guarding you. There's a million different ways to beat that. The argument against you is that you're flaunting your ego in a server where the only thing you manage to do other than get an arbitrary number on a scoreboard is drive people away.

You obviously don't care about the latter, but just because you're doing something better than someone else doesn't mean you're not an immature prat for talking down to others for it.

Do you call your students trashcans because they aren't as good at math as you? I wouldn't send a child to a school where the teacher did that.

Your attitude and behavior is the bigger issue here. And you're not handling it any better than anyone else we've banned for a similar reason.

I reiterate, go waste your time elsewhere because being an arrogant child isn't helping you.
    gun gun

The argument against you is that you're flaunting your ego

"The specific behavior in question involves chronic team-stacking, using every resource to his advantage to make himself invincible"

"
    The team-stacking with his friends and use of game-provided resources alone do not warrant any action against an average player but I believe that Yippee consistently uses his friends and game items to make himself so over-powered on a CONSISTENT basis that it warrants action. "

"
    All of these things combined into one virtually make him unstoppable."

"
    Yippee is a great sniper and with this protection behind him he becomes an unstoppable killing machine... This is not okay for our pubbers and our admins to have to deal with. "

"
    I've tried many times to ask him nicely not to team-stack and pub-stomp on our servers, but it falls on deaf ears."

Yeah, it's surely not about my skill.

And again, I'm going to continue ignoring your personal attacks on me, though it does add a certain amount of irony when you're telling me to "grow up."