Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [1 Mo. BAN] STEAM_0:1:19976552 - Yippee

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    Silence in place. Revisit this in three weeks, on September 13th?
    Sounds good to me.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

Yippe's most recent name change is him thumbing his nose at this punishment:

http://stats.teaminterrobang.com/hls...o&player=35318

6cOtHwP.png
    Yes, i'm that Andrew

... or it's a joke about George W.

Let's not try to read malicious intent into otherwise innocent things. Given that he changes his name multiple times a week, I don't see anything relevant to this.
    A dozen, a gross, and a score
    and three times the square root of four
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven
    equals nine squared — and not a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthetechie View Post
    What Yippie has as a Steam name at the moment
    He already been dealt his punishment for his behavior and I doubt his "immediate reaction" to it would not add more punishments to it. He can't boast about his "mission" till mid September on the servers while playing. I don't think this is really relevant to add to the complaint form.

This is subconsciously going to get you to look up Koishi Komeiji in the near future. From there, you're going to fall down the rabbit hole better known as Touhou fandom. It can get crazy so watch your step and avoid those traps!

If you are immune to these fandoms, find me on TF2 and Minecraft

5. 1 person says "thank you!" to Renegade42 for this awesome post (hover to view who)

The Frank Furterz (August 25th, 2015, August 25th, 2015)

Well, but maybe it's time we have more discussion about him and his friends.

They were involved in some pretty serious team-stacking/pub-stomping on #2 the other day, with some pretty harassing comments towards me when I responded to requests for a scramble and tried to talk with them reasonably about it. I politely suggested that it would be nice if sometimes they'd play opposite each other, since clearly they're by far the top-scoring players, and it's unbalanced. All I got in reply (not from yippee, he was silenced. This was from blunt or jay are i think) was a snarky "Oh, is it against the rules to play with my friends, now?"

That, to me, is disingenuous. They knew what I meant. Clearly it's not against the letter of any of our rules, but it most certainly is against the spirit of funmanship.

And so let's bring up Yippee's philosophy in his own words. This speech is from 2fort on August 16th, on the demo that begins at 18:50CDT. At 190000 ticks in, he begins:

Yippee: I dunno, I wouldn't want to fuck around with policing like racist sprays and shit, cause you know that's all that would happen. It's like, "oh boy! another swastika! Oh boy, another hitler! What fun!"

Someone else: Hitler's not offensive.

Yippee: And then you'll get those people who are like, "Oh, Hitler's not an offensive spray! It's just hitler!"

Someone else: Hitler's not an offensive spray.

Yippee: Stop trolling, zixxy. You're not even good at it.

Someone else: Yippee, you're just trying to get on TI's good side to troll them from the inside out. Be real, dude.

Yippee: It's true. You got me, dude. All these years, I've just been skirting the edge of the rules. All I've ever been trying to do is just troll TI for as long as I possibly can. This is the long con, the long troll. I've been avoiding the ban for so long, that the stress has finally got to me. It's like... day 500 of a payday 2 mission, and the payout is like two bucks. Well, of course you're going to get C&D threads along the way, but the secret to it is to just never break enough rules to get banned. And that way you can make as many people mad as possible. And then, after you're done with one, you just lay low for another year or so. I mean, basically I'm just going to continue playing on TI. Like, at this point it doesn't even matter. Like, I've got such a reputation behind me that simply being on the servers is enough to troll people. I've got the dream now. Like, it's to the point where I literally don't have to do anything and I'm trolling. It's how it is. There's just some people who get so rustled at the sight of me.

And the thing is, Citheraron, even though I've laid out my entire evil plan here, nothing will come of it. No one will do anything, 'cause it's, you know, obviously a big fuckin' joke. Or maybe it's not a big fuckin' joke! The world may never know.
    (emphasis mine)

Well, it's not a big fuckin' joke, and I'm not laughing.

I have fought hard over the years for an even-handed escalation against these clowns -- that, and the fact that they've never personally gotten under my skin, has confused some people into thinking that I'm somehow a staunch defender of these guys. I'm not; I'm just adamantly opposed to "witch hunts" and "adminning mad" and overreactions.

But now, at long last, I think we've escalated properly. I thought we'd made real progress last year after the kerfuffle that lead to a week-long mute of a few of them. Clearly not.

I'm usually opposed to permabans for non-hacking offenses. But I think we should consider one, here. When he so clearly states that his intent is to make people mad, that's absolutely against the spirit of what we want from players on Team Interrobang's servers.

I'd like to get a quorum of the FAs and SAs on record here to support or oppose an indefinite ban, appealable after a minimum of a year.

Attached is the full server demo where this conversation took place. See tick ~190000. Be aware that a player who was muted for spamming music continued to spam that music, which was recorded on the demo. I used the "voice_writevoice 1" console command while playing back the demo, which writes individual wave files separating out overlap. Also attached is the wav file I used to transcribe the above.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pants; August 25th, 2015, August 25th, 2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: i accidentally a word
    A dozen, a gross, and a score
    and three times the square root of four
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven
    equals nine squared — and not a bit more!

I'd like to get a quorum of the FAs and SAs on record here to support or oppose either an indefinite ban, appealable after a minimum of a year.
    I am in favor of an indefinite ban that can be appealed after a year for Yippee.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

To current recommendations.
    Last edited by Magnet; August 26th, 2015, August 26th, 2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Changed in a later post.

Well, but maybe it's time we have more discussion about him and his friends.

They were involved in some pretty serious team-stacking/pub-stomping on #2 the other day, with some pretty harassing comments towards me when I responded to requests for a scramble and tried to talk with them reasonably about it. I politely suggested that it would be nice if sometimes they'd play opposite each other, since clearly they're by far the top-scoring players, and it's unbalanced. All I got in reply (not from yippee, he was silenced. This was from blunt or jay are i think) was a snarky "Oh, is it against the rules to play with my friends, now?"

That, to me, is disingenuous. They knew what I meant. Clearly it's not against the letter of any of our rules, but it most certainly is against the spirit of funmanship.

And so let's bring up Yippee's philosophy in his own words. This speech is from 2fort on August 16th, on the demo that begins at 18:50CDT. At 190000 ticks in, he begins:

(emphasis mine)

Well, it's not a big fuckin' joke, and I'm not laughing.

I have fought hard over the years for an even-handed escalation against these clowns -- that, and the fact that they've never personally gotten under my skin, has confused some people into thinking that I'm somehow a staunch defender of these guys. I'm not; I'm just adamantly opposed to "witch hunts" and "adminning mad" and overreactions.

But now, at long last, I think we've escalated properly. I thought we'd made real progress last year after the kerfuffle that lead to a week-long mute of a few of them. Clearly not.

I'm usually opposed to permabans for non-hacking offenses. But I think we should consider one, here. When he so clearly states that his intent is to make people mad, that's absolutely against the spirit of what we want from players on Team Interrobang's servers.

I'd like to get a quorum of the FAs and SAs on record here to support or oppose an indefinite ban, appealable after a minimum of a year.

Attached is the full server demo where this conversation took place. See tick ~190000. Be aware that a player who was muted for spamming music continued to spam that music, which was recorded on the demo. I used the "voice_writevoice 1" console command while playing back the demo, which writes individual wave files separating out overlap. Also attached is the wav file I used to transcribe the above.
    If you honestly believe that that conversation was even the slightest bit genuine and not me taking the piss out of the popular opinion of me then I don't really think there's much to be said, Pants. To clarify, the line "IT's a big fuckin' joke" is a reference to the whole opinion you've transcribed.
    Last edited by SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT; August 25th, 2015, August 25th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.

I think you all are taking this pretty well for two words that are not even hate speech. Eh, what do I know I'm only cronie #2. I don't have a name anymore.
    Its chaos knight.....I guess

23:03:28) andrewthetechie: Actually yippee I think your mother should have moved to a pro-choice state and made a choice. If you wanna call that "like" you can

11. 1 person says "thank you!" to Jorgan for this awesome post (hover to view who)

Princess of Sweden (August 25th, 2015, August 25th, 2015)

Ehhhhhhh I'd say about a week or two, maybe a month. Not sure about a year.

I do think a ban would fit, though. Yippee, you know what it is that you're doing. I couldn't possibly believe that you wouldn't agree in the slightest with the monologue posted above by Pants. If you were to go on with the performances you do all the while knowing that you're pissing off everyone else, you should have the conscience to change your actions and better yourself and everyone around you, not to continuously avoid slaps on the wrist. The original reason in this thread for the silence is pretty dumb in my opinion, but I think it would be silly for me or anyone else to say you had nothing coming to you.
    Last edited by The Frank Furterz; August 25th, 2015, August 25th, 2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: maybe a month