Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [1WK SILENCE] Yippee, Blunt, Jorgan, Jay Are (and possibly Princess of Sweden)

[1WK SILENCE] Yippee, Blunt, Jorgan, Jay Are (and possibly Princess of Sweden)

You know them. From the several other CnDs, meeting them in game, and the lengthy (5 page) discussion on the team forums. We have an outstanding amount of evidence against these people. We are in overall agreement that these people and their actions are not approved.

Yippee and his crew (primarily him and those listed in the title) have been with the community for several years, yippee himself joining the forums in 2011. Since then there has been MANY personal complaints, CnD threads both private and public, discussions in the team forums, and other things against this group. We have an outstanding amount of evidence. For those so inclined, BostonJake has compiled a comprehensive list of all relevant threads. Yippee alone has been, at this writing,
    Muted 24 Times
    Gagged 10 Times
    Silenced 6 Times
    Kicked 3 Times

As you can see, this groups main infraction is trolling and admin baiting. A layman's definition of the former is "baiting" an admin into using a command, or straddling the line of what is allowed in our rules by breaking them very passively. Both of these are a massive pain to admin, even more so when they are in the group, as they heckle the admin that does his or her job properly which can lead into a server-wide anti-admin riot. Any admin that speaks up against them for doing such gets shot down by them. They also can be VERY rude to random pubbers (sometimes to the point of borderline bullying), people who are getting their first impression of our community. This saltiness can and has completely emptied servers. Several people (myself included) have no TI servers to play on, as very few of us would like to play on turbine.

But lets lay off of the folks for a few. What, in their defense, might this group have? One that was brought up in the team forums, was how Yippee and Crew had defused a controversial thread. While this thread was indeed fueled by anguish, was it really appropriate how they "solved" the thread? By posting completely out of context and rude things (circa page 4 and beyond)? A comparison made was to vigilantism. While in some occasions, vigilantism is helpful, its also frowned upon and is in the same line as officer impersonation and even terrorism (not saying something of this degree is of such). This controversial thread is not the only one where they post such crude and out of line things.

There are many people in TI chat, with different opinions, and (most of the time) discussing them (big mostly on this one) intelligently. Here is a comparison of TI chat before Yippee and Co. arrive, and after.
    Before
    Spoiler!

After (note this is several instances all today)
    Spoiler!

Those were all from today. Other examples would include copy-pastes, disrespect, salt, among others.

After a 5 page "Science of Yippee" thread, not much was generally accomplished other then establishing that a) We don't like them and b) a public CnD was required. So consider this the action. I for one have frankly had enough of this bullshit and I know I'm not alone. Personally, I think we should skip escalation and have a "special exception" for these people, but the proper action would be a permanent silence.

STEAM IDs
    Yippee:
    STEAM_0:1:19976552
    Jay: STEAM_0:1:23050258
    Prin: STEAM_0:1:40448839
    Blunt: STEAM_0:0:22069720
    Jorgan: STEAM_0:0:29196292

Also i dont think joining a chatroom with some friends is against the rules, none of us were telling anyone to leave or go fuck themselves, you are more than capable of having your own conversations with us and other people. my bad that goofing and memery is against the rules lmao

Keep in mind is not a CnD about what happened today, this is a CnD about the cumulative events through several years.
    (16:32:38)Dr_Pepper_PhD: I should really start quoting myself more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper PhD View Post
    Keep in mind is not a CnD about what happened today, this is a CnD about the cumulative events through several years.
    2/3 Required no action, and the last one you posted included something about a dialogue between admins and me, but hey, I guess that was too much to ask for wasn't it?

And I quote chayoss from the only CnD that's ever had action taken on it

"Yippee makes a reasonable request of us that we as admins take steps to ensure that Yippee knows when he approaches or crosses our individual lines. Now that he's aware that he comes near or over the line often enough for it to be a problem, we can work together to avoid it happening again."

Guess that's a fairly meaningless promise though, wasn't it?

These players have been causing ongoing problems on Team Interrobang TF2 servers and other TI media:

Yippee: STEAM_0:1:19976552
    Jay: STEAM_0:1:23050258
    Prin: STEAM_0:1:40448839
    Blunt: STEAM_0:0:22069720
    Jorgan: STEAM_0:0:29196292

Over the course of the last few months, many of Team Interrobang's community members have complained about the "toxic atmosphere" created by the behavior of these players. This includes:

* The overuse of "meaningless" text chat consisting of insults, memes, and trash talk.

* Overwhelming the server conversations such that others can't contribute.

* Hostile and disrespectful behavior towards Team Interrobang Admins

* Excessive "Trash talking" and outright harassment of other players.

* "Team stacking" -- circumventing the autobalancing system or other anti-competitive behavior

The result is that many people do not enjoy their time on Team Interrobang servers when these players are present, or worse, feel directly harassed by them. While not everyone feels this way, and there might be quibbles about whether certain examples of various behaviors are or are not in violation of particular rules, the Admin Corps has determined that these players have repeatedly violated the spirit of our rules by creating such a toxic environment for our community in the face of repeated warnings and previous punishments.

The Admin Corps has decided the following:

1. Yippee was previously given a persistent silence (3 days) for these same issues, so he will now receive a week long silence. The other players are formally warned that further problems will result in a similar type of punishment.

It should be noted that this is a unique situation, and this type of "after the fact" punishment will not become a regularly used admin action. The Admin Corps recognizes that the entire situation should have been handled better by our admins, but nevertheless action is now required to get the situation under control. In particular, the number of reports of individuals feeling harassed by Yippee justifies his punishment.

2. All our admins are reminded to be vigilant in enforcing a positive server environment. It will be at the admins' discretion to take appropriate action against any players contributing to a negative environment. We always strive to balance the rights of all our players, but we want to make it clear, especially to these players, that we will not allow petty discussions of what is or is not "against (the letter of) our rules", while in-game, to prevent our admins from maintaining a positive environment for everyone. Those discussions should be carried out on the forums.

Team Interrobang strives to create an open and inviting atmosphere for a very diverse group of people from across the Internet. We always welcome discussion, and ask everyone for continued patience and willingness to cooperate to make our servers the best they can be for the greatest number of people.

Edit: I want to make it extra clear that this post is not just my opinion, though I was the one who drafted it. It was revised continually over the past few days and has the blessing of the entire Admin Corps as the official response Team Interrobang is making for this complaint.
    Last edited by Pants; January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015 at 06:40 PM.
    A dozen, a gross, and a score
    and three times the square root of four
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven
    equals nine squared — and not a bit more!

8. 10 people say "thank you!" to Pants for this awesome post (hover to view who)

banks (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),Bluedude303 (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),BostonJake (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),Cruel (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),Dr Pepper PhD (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),Dustee (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),fieryrage (January 5th, 2015, January 5th, 2015),Scotty517 (January 5th, 2015, January 5th, 2015),SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015),tweir (January 4th, 2015, January 4th, 2015)

Okay, folks. Discussion of this topic needs to happen over here in this thread.

Complaints & Disputes are ONLY for the formal record of relevant evidence and of the final outcome of the dispute. The only thing that should be posted here in this thread, now, is specific examples of ongoing behavior that might be relevant to this complaint. (I.e. "soandso had to be gagged for text spam on such server at such time") Barring that, the next post here will be the one where we announce the expiration of the week long silence on Yippee.
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven

10. 1 person says "thank you!" to Pants for this awesome post (hover to view who)

andrewthetechie (January 5th, 2015, January 5th, 2015)

I lifted the permasilence on Yippee just now... sorry that was a little late.
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    I lifted the permasilence on Yippee just now... sorry that was a little late.
    No harm done.