Monthly costs: $170
We still need $60 to cover our costs for May, 2017. Thanks to all our donors, big and small!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Deals

Game Deals

As simple as the title says. If you see a good deal on a game that you believe others might be interested in and want others to be aware, or wonder if it's worth the deal you can discuss it here.

For Example:

Sim City is available from Gamestop for $6 USD

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sim...74pcVGGLhPGvHQ

Something something Origin and DRM. Don't care about that. I know some people here have played it. Would you recommend getting it?
    the beef is marinated

Mohound's Avatar Junior Admin
    No where any every where at the same time
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mohound Origin Code: mohound BattleNet Code: mohound Twitch Code: mohound Minecraft Code: mohound Uplay Code: mohound
    Sim City had a bad start but they fixed most errors (It still glitches in windows 8 if you use the windows key). I would buy it but I bought it at launch and could not get a good enough computer to play it on. Please play with me (No pants not what you think). I would buy it again

“Always take a banana to a party, Rose: bananas are good!”— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 4
    "I will not shut up Banana" --- Mohound (2/10/15)
    | (• ?•)| We all know the best girl right? If not here --> Will forever be best girl

It fills time. If you need to make a whole week of your life go away in about 3 hours, this is a great way to do it. I am tempted to start up again...but after playing for ten minutes, I look up and it is Tuesday.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Origin Code: Redeadx BattleNet Code: Redeadx#1819 Twitch Code: Redeadx Minecraft Code: Redeadx Uplay Code: Redeadxx
    Sim City still has several of the literal gamebreaking bugs that plagued it upon launch. They fixed a buncha stuff, but have yet to fix the problem where all service trucks / vehicles (Police cars, fire trucks, delivery trucks, busses/boats/trains, garbage trucks, etc) disappear and never come back. You can delete the depot in the area for them, delete the entire entity(police station, etc), but nothing works. They're gone forever. Fires rage out of control, garbage piles up, your delivers don't exist anymore, local businesses and factories go under, and if you're working with ore/oil/coal trade, you're screwed. If you lose them, you're city is screwed and you need to start over. It happens randomly, and not just that they're 'out of town servicing a nearby city', you can be the only city in a region and it'd lose all of them and you're outta luck.

If they ever fixed that, I'd say it's good fun still, and would recommend if cheap enough.

The unknown admin. Will kill you for your beans.
    I love "Invisible Text".

Quote Originally Posted by Войска специальн View Post
    Sim City still has several of the literal gamebreaking bugs that plagued it upon launch. They fixed a buncha stuff, but have yet to fix the problem where all service trucks / vehicles (Police cars, fire trucks, delivery trucks, busses/boats/trains, garbage trucks, etc) disappear and never come back. You can delete the depot in the area for them, delete the entire entity(police station, etc), but nothing works. They're gone forever. Fires rage out of control, garbage piles up, your delivers don't exist anymore, local businesses and factories go under, and if you're working with ore/oil/coal trade, you're screwed. If you lose them, you're city is screwed and you need to start over. It happens randomly, and not just that they're 'out of town servicing a nearby city', you can be the only city in a region and it'd lose all of them and you're outta luck.

If they ever fixed that, I'd say it's good fun still, and would recommend if cheap enough.
    Actually, it looks like there have been a couple fixes put in over the past year to correct it: http://help.ea.com/en/article/simcity-updates/

The issue I remember is if you destroy a road with traffic on it, any service vehicles go away forever. Perhaps it has been fixed since then. I will give the game another try soon.

$6 for a DL copy sounds fair. I'd buy it Pengin.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Origin Code: Redeadx BattleNet Code: Redeadx#1819 Twitch Code: Redeadx Minecraft Code: Redeadx Uplay Code: Redeadxx
    As stated in chat when you informed me of it, I had played more recently.

2-3 weeks ago infact, and nothing within 6-8 months states they fixed the vehicles. I also keep losing all my service vehicles without EVER deleting a road OR upgrading them. So it is still, infact, a problem. I've had cities that never lost anything, but the loss cities are outnumbering the not-lost cities.

The unknown admin. Will kill you for your beans.
    I love "Invisible Text".

8. 1 person says "thank you!" to Войска специальн for this awesome post (hover to view who)

VirginBride (August 28th, 2014, August 28th, 2014)

The GameDeals subreddit is always very good.

If you are looking forward to Civilization: Beyond Earth, there is 25% off with a coupon at GreenManGaming. You won't receive a Steam key until release though.
    Typically I'd avoid preordering, but this is a rare exception for me.
    Civ: Beyond Earth on GreenManGaming
    Coupon code: 01S6ZC-JVSB28-JRW7X4

Speaking of Civ...

Civ Franchise Pack $25.50

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...ranchise-pack/

Contains Civs 3, 4, and 5, complete editions. Complete meaning it comes with the expansions.

I believe Cruel and Agua are always looking for more people to play with them. It's a really good strategy game about hating Gandhi. If you haven't played it already I highly recommend it.
    the beef is marinated

Mohound's Avatar Junior Admin
    No where any every where at the same time
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mohound Origin Code: mohound BattleNet Code: mohound Twitch Code: mohound Minecraft Code: mohound Uplay Code: mohound
    I have the game but I have not reached out to anyone to play with me (except my friend from school but that is a different story)

“Always take a banana to a party, Rose: bananas are good!”— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 4
    "I will not shut up Banana" --- Mohound (2/10/15)
    | (• ?•)| We all know the best girl right? If not here --> Will forever be best girl