Monthly costs: $60
Our costs are predicted to be covered for August, 2017. A huge thank you to all our donors!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.

Thread: Teamspeak - Access and Channel removed

Blog Entries

Teamspeak - Access and Channel removed

Editor's note: People keep posting in this thread about more general TeamSpeak issues. Complaints & Disputes is for very specific topics only. Please head over to this thread if you want to discuss teamspeak: http://teaminterrobang.com/showthread.php?43044

Hi,

Can someone explain to me in more detail why a few months ago my (and several others') access was removed to have any rights over our own created channels, and most recently, a channel we were actively using was removed? I had a short chat with VB that didn't explain much.

Thanks
    Last edited by Pants; February 13th, 2014, February 13th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Bevo, from what I can see, you were an SA and a donor years ago and since you left, we have been hosting dedicated channels for you. The question is, what have you done for us lately? If you are not a donor nor an active part of the team, I don't see a need to host a channel for you at this point.
    Last edited by VirginBride; February 12th, 2014, February 12th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

3. 1 person says "thank you!" to VirginBride for this awesome post (hover to view who)

ZomgNoWai (February 12th, 2014, February 12th, 2014)

I started responding to some of the different points about channel naming and organization, but that should be for a different thread. I will go start that thread, and move the pertinent comments in this thread there, as we do need a discussion about it.

I think there is a valid "official" complaint and dispute here -- that is, unilateral admin action was taken that seemed to penalize a particular user of one of our services.

Let's name the elephant in the room here: It looks like there was some sort of animosity between VB and Bevo? And VB decided completely on his own to "clean up" a channel with Bevo's name on it. (The issue of what channels should be on our server will be in a separate thread) We probably shouldn't get ourselves into a place where "piss off an admin, suffer the consequences" can happen. That is not the TeamInterrobang Way™

My $0.02: No "official" action need occur. I'll go on the record stating that VB's action (the means, not the end -- i.e. the suddenness and lack of communication about it, not necessarily the end result) was borderline inappropriate and maybe an apology is in order. Certainly we should think of this as sub-optimal adminship, going forward.

I'll go start that teamspeak discussion thread and move some of the posts from here over there.

Reminder: Complaints & Disputes is a serious-business-only forum so do NOT post here unless you have something to add that is factually relevant to the very specific case at hand, which is the VB vs Bevo issue.
    A dozen, a gross, and a score
    and three times the square root of four
    all over seven
    plus five times eleven
    equals nine squared — and not a bit more!

Fair enough Pants. You are correct, I over-stepped my bounds by not discussing it with the team as a whole first. That was bad practice on me and I do apologize when I am in the wrong.

Bevo, I apologize for removing the channel.

Editor's note: People keep posting in this thread about more general TeamSpeak issues. Complaints & Disputes is for very specific topics only. Please head over to this thread if you want to discuss teamspeak: http://teaminterrobang.com/showthread.php?43044
    Last edited by Pants; February 13th, 2014, February 13th, 2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added link to other thread
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

I blame Stuart Nighthawk's Avatar $ Donor $
    Blog Entries
    We're up all night for good fun

NH Youtubes

Renegade Marksman Azure_Star42:It's a Canadian Miracle!
    [!?] tek [What!?]:
    you evil tratorous bitch. Shotgunning me, claiming it was a rifle, then tossing the corpse before anyone else checked?
    [!?] tek [What!?]: ...damn gurl, that good.
    Resto Chesto: Nighthawk, you're on your "I'm gonna admin the shit out of someone" moment but your giggling is ADORABLE!
    Livid:
    Shadow Hawks laugh is contagious...