This month's costs: $270
$75 still needed for July, 2014. Thank you for your support!
If you like what we're doing, please become a donor.

Thread: TTT ADMINS, READ ME!

TTT ADMINS, READ ME!

HEY!

I got TTT back up after updatemageddon, but there were casualties.

Sourcebans, Sourcemod, and all /commands are gone.

ULX works, though, so !kick, !mute, !gag should all work. !menu brings up the graphical menu.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MUTE AND GAG ARE BACKWARDS OF THEIR NORMAL SOURCEMOD /MUTE AND /GAG COUNTERPARTS!

!mute = they can't type any more
    !gag = they can't voicechat any more

Also, Fretta map-voting is gone. Not sure how we might be able to make ULX a replacement for it, so for now we're on a mapcycle (see the mapcycle thread).

There will no doubt be bugs and problems. I did the best I could; Square will no doubt have lots of improvements to make when he gets back. I didn't even attempt to get pointshop working.
    I hate forum signatures.
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't see many issues then since those were the only 3 commands I really used, besides !bring, but Physical and a few other regulars figured out a work around for it.
    Last edited by CaptPlaceholder; October 25th, 2012, October 25th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Senior Admin Nighthawk's Avatar Emeritus Admin
    Full Admin

Blog Entries
    If there are issues with the 3kick to ban implementation (If I recall, it didn't work when you tried to use the ULX commands for kicking someone), we may need to put those in manually for a short time.

I believe that's what Pants meant when he said sourcebans are gone. I understand that as the auto ban karma cycle, and the three kicks /24 hr ban is gone as well. Yes/No?
    We're up all night for good fun

Renegade Marksman Azure_Star42:It's a Canadian Miracle!
    [!?] tek [What!?]:
    you evil tratorous bitch. Shotgunning me, claiming it was a rifle, then tossing the corpse before anyone else checked?
    [!?] tek [What!?]: ...damn gurl, that good.

5:21 PM - Resto Chesto: Nighthawk, you're on your "I'm gonna admin the shit out of someone" moment but your giggling is ADORABLE!
    10:29 PM - [!?] Shas’O Faiz: HOT LESBIAN TRAIN ACTION (A Borderlands 2 reference)

Livid:
    Shadow Hawks laugh is contagious...

Until the TTT server is back up to pace, would you be for or against tossing password protection on it and passing the PW out to regulars for the immediate future?
    “You can try to obscure it all beneath lip liner and eye shadow and bronzer, but at the end of the day, you’re going to have to wash it off, and then what’s left? It’s just you, staring back at a grotesque, aging nothing consumed by doubt and regret who has made no meaningful contributions to the world.” - Lorenzo Delpani

I think it's premature to password it. Let's see how it goes.

We can also give JA's the ability to ban on TTT, if that winds up being necessary.

FYI you can bind a key to "ulx menu" for fast access, e.g.:

Code:
    bind backspace "ulx menu"
    We do love our sourcemod plugins. The things we do not have without them are: [!?] tag protection, 3 kicks ban, unified bans with our tf2 servers, permamute, admin logging and reporting, and whatever else i'm forgetting.
    I hate forum signatures.
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I'll be working on tweaking the servers over the week.
    Plans include:
    Setting up sandbox to link to the Steam Workshop so that it'll automatically download and update specified items, including lost addons such as playX.
    Deleting one of our disabled instances and cleaning up the remaining one for testing and future events.
    Find workarounds for lost SM plugins.
    Updating the server documentation (thread about what we have on the server).
    More to come.

Many thanks for handling this update, Pants, especially with the Halloween TF2 update following it.

I recently used the ulx kick to kick an RDMer, and then I got reports that the RDMer was banned. Not sure if it was karma ban or the kick I did (or if I entirely misread the command I did and it was a ban, but I swear I just kicked him).

You kicked him. He reconnected. RDMmed some more, and got karmabanned.

Spoiler!
    I hate forum signatures.
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?