With the addition of the Pyromania Update, we got ourselves a snazzy new feature called Pyrovision. This gives certain Valve official maps characteristics to the map that make it very colorful/vibrant. But what if you enjoy equipping the Balloonicorn or the Goggles for the looks and not the side-effects? Or maybe when playing VSH you want to have a fist fight with Saxton while dancing around in a valley of gumdrops and sugarcanes? Well now you can~
1. First off before rushing into this, here is the default Pyrovision map list:
As you can see, the maps shown in this list will have their map textures altered to Pyrovision. So let's say you remove "ctf_2fort.bsp" from the list. That makes it so that 2fort will now have their original textures instead of the Pyrovision ones. Not to mention Its vice versa for maps that aren't in this list. So if you want to add say cp_granary, all you have to do it plop in "cp_granary.bsp" with the little "1" right after the name of the map. Or if you don't want Pyrovision at all, you can simply delete all the maps in the list (make sure to keep the brackets there). Now here's how to make your custom list.
2. Open up your Notepad. Copy and paste the Pyrovision map list listed above. Add/remove any map names you want/don't want.
3. After making your alterations to the list, save the file and name it "mtp".
4. Now that you saved it, right click it and rename it to "mtp.cfg" file. This will convert it from a .txt file to a .cfg file. This is a very important step in the process.
5. Now to add it into your TF2 files. Here is the location:
Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Your Username/team fortress 2/tf/cfg
And there you have it! Here are some pictures/videos showing off the alterations you can do to the maps.
Pyrovision on a Custom Map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vYu0ZIfqX0
Sidenote: Sadly you won't be able to have the option to disable the baby voices/confetti blood and such even if the map doesn't have Pyrovision enabled on it. But hey, the baby sounds are adorable right?...Right?
(Credits to this thread on the TF2 forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2773196)