It is time once again for our yearly InterrOlympics. This year, in honor of the recent Olympic games in Rio, we will host our own style of summer games. This will include water sports, flying acrobatics, an equestrian race, and the good old parkour challenge. As we are all busy fellows, especially with school starting back up, all the events will be put into two days, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 2-3. We will start at 6:00 pm central time each evening (that's 7:00 for you East coasters and 4:00 for the folks out West). Here is the full schedule:
For those unfamiliar with how this works, or those who just want to make sure nothing has changed, here's how this breaks down.
- Anyone wanting to participate should +1 in this thread.
- You can form "nations" of up to three players.
- You need to post your nations name and official color in this thread before the event. (please limit to colors available on banners in Minecraft; first come, first serve)
- Only one participant from each nation needs to be there to represent their nation, but players who don't show up on either day will not be credited as participating and will not get any prize should their nation win.
- Nations will be awarded 1st/2nd/3rd place in each event and overall based on their performance during each challenge, with overall winners getting special medals on the forums to wear proudly.
- Late registration will be accepted, but those who register late will either be forced into a nation without three members or will be running solo with a name and color I chose.
If there are any further questions, feel free to ask. I hope we will have a lot of fun like in past years. Oh, and here's a teaser for those really curious about the map.